Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final IC Appointment...

Just a quick update on our current situation...

The appointment yesterday went well. Ventricle size is still enlarged and is not showing a decrease at all, but the doctors do feel that although the condition is serious it is stable (no huge spikes in the amount of fluid). The baby's head size is within the normal range so the doctors feel good about a natural delivery, which is positive. The baby is doing well apart from the ventriculomegaly, so this is also positive. Current estimated weight is 8lbs 11oz! This being the case (combined with baby's condition) - if Baby Pitman decides not to come by May 20th Beth will be induced. We are still delivering in Iowa City and baby will go to the NICU shortly after birth. We are still hopeful for a reduction in ventricle size after birth. Surgery is still a possibility at this point, but this won't be decided until the baby can be evaluated outside of the womb. We are hoping that this can be avoided, but of course we will do whatever is best for baby! Infant brain surgery just sounds, well, a little unnerving.

Please continue to pray for us, we have been so blessed by the faithful prayers of God's people. Pray that:

Baby will come safely into the world
Beth will stay healthy these next 2 weeks and will have a safe labor and delivery
Neil will not break every traffic law known to man driving to Iowa City if Beth's water breaks in Dubuque :)
We will stay encouraged and will trust God and His perfect plan


  1. We pray that everything goes well. Hugs to you!

  2. Praying for you guys in Colorado! Keep us posted, we can't wait to hear the news!

  3. i first wanted to say that i'm praying for you guys. and secondly, beth, i don't think you will care at all if and when neil breaks those traffic laws. you may be like me and yell, "speed!! speeeeeeed!!!!" the whole way there! hahaha -- love love love to all three of you! muah!